Github: github.com/tpolasek/amber
I built Amber because I wanted a coding agent that felt like a terminal, but with a browser UI to take advantage of linking. Also Claude Code has a serious amount of bloat that I wanted to cut out.
So I reverse-engineered Claude Code and rebuilt it from scratch as a minimal web CLI, with prompt-accurate reproduction of the workflow.
Amber takes advantage of the fact that it's in a web browser to do many things that CLIs cannot do easily, such as linking forked sessions together with hyperlinks, and linking agent sessions to the main session and vice versa.
What makes it different:
- Amber takes advantage of hyperlinks everywhere.
- Supports OpenAI Codex plans, openrouter and everything else
- Only 3 runtime npm dependencies — diff, markdown-it, and smol-toml for parsing settings. No framework, no database, no bloat.
- Easily configurable sub-agents. Customize the model per each agent.
- Reverse-engineered from Claude Code's behavior, reproducing the prompt flow accurately while stripping it down to a lightweight tool.
Give it a shot, its free and easy to customize!
In case you missed the links above, our official web page is amberagent.dev ! Check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment